Wednesday, 13 August 2008

Two-Face visits the Plastic Surgeon & I get a mention!!!

Poor old Two-Face! He's been filed/clipped and re-painted and now looks alot more like he can walk the streets during the day - well?? He's been transformed into The Kingpins son: The Rose from the Marvel Universe. I wanted to try something different again and this time I used fine wire and painted him in a cartoon way. Also he was my first go at sculpting clothing.

The Rose

Ok no more U-foes for me to sort out, so this week I'm gonna start working on afew commission customs. One I promised Bobbyvjay and another I promised to Wadders on the superheroforums. Also watch out for another (final) Spot teleporting onto Ebay very soon. The Next DC figurine to face the chop is Scarecrow.... I have someone in mind... But he'll be a tough one to do! As he is a mega weird shaped villain. I'm up for the challenge though. Thanks again for all the support.

He's in with my collection

and also I saved the best news till last! Richard Jackson the editor of the Marvel/DC figurines collection acknowledged my customs!!! He wrote this over on the superherofogurineforums:

Richard Jackson
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 07:50 PM
(woza @ Aug 14 2008, 07:44 PM)
Any thoughts on the thriving Custom scene we have here (and other forums)?


I'm very impressed with the custom scene and I've got to say there are a lot of talented people out there I personally love the idea of someone taking the DC collection and turning it into pure Marvel. Although I enjoy DC comics, I am a true Marvelite so I love the idea of turning Lex Luthor into Trevor Fitzroy. Well done Acex51.

I then thought I'm gonna ask him a quick Q! So with a push from my GF (Rosie) i did:

Richard Jackson
Posted:
Aug 14 2008, 09:32 PM
(acex51 @ Aug 14 2008, 09:26 PM)


Hello Richard - thanks for the mention early. real cool of ya. I'm a marvelite too. just a quickly. In the poll for a special, Onslaught won which i was thrilled about. So does this mean that he'll be made and if so how long would it roughly take?

Thanks again


Onslaught is definitely my choice for the next mega special now, we'll just have to confirm wit marketing when we can slot this character in but I'll keep you all updated as it goes along.

2 comments:

Nintendanboo said...

That is one sweet custome mate, excellent again as always. Again no clue he is but glad you make characters I dont know as I get to look them up :P

James (Acex51) said...

Thanks mate. I first knew him as Richard Fisk in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon. Glad you like him. He looks alot better in the flesh - just the flash from the camera makes his specs look massive haha! Poor guy