Monday, 1 September 2008

The Scarecrow isn't so scary!

I was going to save this custom for a possible future upcoming custom competition over on the superheroesforums but I decided to just post him now as well I think he rocks and I really can't wait to show everyone! Ok So with Scarecrow being an odd shaped dude I had to go for an odd shaped marvel dude. So I went with Warlock! A bizarre ally to the X-Men. I did afair bit of sculpting on him and filing deep into his chest! Poor Scarecrow.

Warlock Warlock again

As for my customs I am making three as commissions. They are: Tenebrous, Batman Beyond & another guy I have never considered making - till now (looking forward to this one). I'm also making a ROM for my own collection. Once these are finished they will be posted on here.... This week also Look out for Onslaught and his Sentinels photo and another DC character to face the chop.... Bane! But who's he gonna be?

Here's the next custom wave in the early stages

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My second favourite now. Nice work there buddy

Wadders said...

As I said on the forum mate:

Mate that is.....well just absolutely sublime!
Thankyou so much for posting it here I would love to know how you get them looking soooooooooo professional seriously you are one talented guy! The head must have taken you ages.

The eyes make the whole facial expression light up and give real character to the fig. The detail in the paint job is quite possibly your best yet you must have super steady hands and a tiny brush! Scarecrow was a great choice of fig for this custom too you really have an eye for picking the best base fig for your work.

Stars n Stripes said...

OMG! Ace he is fantastic. It's hard to believe but your customs just get better all the time!

You really do have a talent

eponymous said...

I have to agree with the guys above. I'm absolutely gobsmacked with that one...another inspired choice!

I'm looking forward to the unnamed commission, if its going to be who I think it is, yes? If I'm right, there's a clue somewhere in that sentence for fans of obscure characters...

Anonymous said...

Hey mr, the latest one is so so good, you're very talented!!! T xx

Ghost_Rider77 said...

Quality! Great work Ace

Marvelbeast said...

Excellent Warlock mate! After getting that email from Richard have you considered making a living out of this? :)

Ryan Maxwell said...

Warlock is another beautiful piece of work. As always, I'm excited to see what's coming next!

Hammer Head said...

Ace. Outstanding. Wadders nailed it in what he said. You are without a doubt the best. You have an excellent, original idea in customising the DC range, paint superbly and you're sculpting is outstanding! You're a perfectionist mate and it rocks... Bane next right?

tim081 said...

awesome one mate - would scare the crap out of me seeing that at night though!