Thursday, 11 September 2008

Stars & stripes Marvel style!

First up! Supergirl was the latest DC figurine to get the Marvel treatment! And I decided to turn her into an old school marvel heroine and that's Miss America!

Miss America Close up

On the Commission front I have finished a request for Death's Head and he can be seen below. What an awesome figurine he was to make and a great challenge to aswell. As for my next wave of commissions keep an eye open as I have been asked to attempt something different!!! But cool!!! Still on the theme of heroes but not from marvel or DC... Also I still have that mystery new figurine I'm working on...

Death's head

I have also included a freebie I recieved the other day from Eaglemoss to help with my customs. Apparently there an old style base, used in the old days on the CMFC... Cheers EM!

Old style bases

15 comments:

friedbuffaloboy said...

My new Death's Head is absolutely top. You are an artist, and modest to boot. I can't wait to get him/it in the post to join The Spot and Doctor Demonicus.

Cheers, once again!

Ryan Maxwell said...

Your skills continue to evolve and grow by leaps and bounds! Impressive stuff, and congrats on catching the eye of Eaglemoss!

Anonymous said...

Great work on all your customs, can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Ace both are first class!

Stars n Stripes said...

Fantastic work Ace! Your stuff really does go beyond any other customer I've seen..

Marvelbeast said...

They are just getting better and better. Considering that hey were great to start off with, that means we're going to run out of good words to use to describe them!

Nice gift from Alan. Will mean that you will having plenty of spares for the future. Great to be recognised and it's a thoughtful gift too. It would only be useful to a commited costumiser.

Nintendanboo said...

Great work on miss america and the deathsead, top notch as usual.

Kind gift off alan, least you wont run of bases anytime soon :P

Marvelbeast said...

This might be a silly question but are the bases on the figurines we get plastic and painted? I guess I assumed tha they were lead too until I saw the white ones you got as a gift.

James (Acex51) said...

Hey marvel beast. There ment to be the first models for the bases. So these used to go with the new unpainted sculpts I think. I think now though they use just black bases. Richard said these are an old production line

Nintendanboo said...

Hey mate, you dont happen to have a spare DC special base you dont need, as I need one for the custom I want to do for the comp??

friedbuffaloboy said...

Death's Head is even better in the hand. Marvellous!

James (Acex51) said...

Thanks mate real glad you like him and he turned up ok :D

Emperor Palpatodd said...

Really impressed with the paintwork on death's Head ace! Good job

Anonymous said...

I take it from the fact you just do these models you're single? That said though I think that it is very skilled the work that goes into them, a talent that's good you are sharing

James (Ace) said...

Ian wait till rosie hears about this :p haha! cheers for the comment bud