Wednesday, 22 October 2008

Here begins a new stage in Ace Customs!

Hot off making my first ever scratch built figurine (Shuma-Gorath) I got the buzz to do it again. I wanted to make someone full of detail but has a big effect in the Marvel universe. So I went for a Brood warrior.

The Brood

I think it's amazing that 5 months ago I had no idea how to do any of this stuff!. I still remember my first re-paint (The Spot) and now as I've got more experienced and am 100% confident I can create figurines that are all me. No base figurine - just a ball of clay! I want to make afew of these and I'm enjoying making monsters/alien races. If anyone has any ideas for my next scratch built project please let me know as I'm alittle stuck for ideas ATM.

The Brood

Thanks also to everyone who's signed upto my blog. It's much appricated. And get ready for a wave of commissions soon...

9 comments:

Graham Cherry said...

Nice work James! Not one of my favourites but you could always try fin fang foom? The in-betweener looks great as well mate, cant wait to add him to my collection lol

Kamandi2 said...

Man, this one just blew me away. I'll second the idea of you trying your had at a Fin Fang Foom mega. I bet it would be amazing.

Ryan Maxwell said...

You've gone to the next level and left us all behind! I'm up for a Byrne Sasquatch commission if you have it in you. He'd have to be a big 'un, though!

James (Ace) said...

Fin Fang Foom! Now that's a challenge! Thanks for the cool words guys & Sasquatch sounds like a tough one but again I'm up for it :D!!

I got three more commissions left then another wave and after that I'll tackle Sasquatch for you bud. So could be awhile haha!

Cheers again for the comments. I'm glad you like him

Bond_007 said...

Outstanding!

Turnip said...

Love it! This one is my favourite!

Angela said...

Both Greg and I think this one is awesome!! Considering we saw you making it and then within a few days it was finished!! Madness!! Good work bro, keep it up!! I have no idea who Fin Fang Foom is, but I am going to Google it now, I'm sure you'll make it no problem!! Haha. See you soon bro xxx

Marvelbeast said...

Like you said, it is amazing that really you are new to this. You're already fantastic at making and customising figurines. I can't imagine where you'll be a year from now.

I couldn't have asked a better person to make my custom character for me. I know that in your hands she will be just as I imagined her when I created her in City of Heroes.

Now you're not only customising but you're building from scratch! Way to go, the scratch builds are awesome.

Thanks again mate

Mark Taylor said...

What about the brood Queen? Really nice work here. I've not seen anything like this before