Tuesday, 26 May 2009

Shuma-Gorath has returned...

I decided to do another Shuma-Gorath scratch build as he is my fave oddball character in the Marvel Universe. So this time I put old Shuma on a rooftop. So my 7th scratch is a Rooftop Shuma-Gorath.

Shuma-Gorath on a rooftopSide view

I'm going to make another Shuma-Gorath scratch soon but this one will be something new and not seen from me before. Expect to see this on my year of the blog post in July.

Expect more from Shuma-GorathHonret up on the rooftop

On the subject of rooftop characters I've got a rooftop customer piece and this is another Rooftop Hornet but this one is for my top bud Simon.

A Sneak peak

And finally... Scratch builds I have another character I'd like to make and he has semi-human features. I'm really looking forward to making him. You can see a preview photo above and like I said, in July I'll have a special Scratch build Shuma-Gorath. Which will then be followed my the BIG one.... FFF!!!

8 comments:

Turnip said...

Shuma looks great! He def looks good as a rooftop figure. Hornet looks brill too, the photo of him is cool he really stands out! Can't believe you've nearly had your blog a year how quickly has that gone! Turnip x

Symbiote Sam said...

Fantastic work Ace. Really like him. fff is fing fang foom right? lol

Robertus Maximus said...

All looks most impressive!

Mark Taylor said...

shuma-gorath is excellent. Very unique and cool. Really liking your home made customs

James said...

Glad you all like him. I tried to make this Shuma look alittle innocent... If you get me! As he's really a nasty piece of work haha!

Yeah Sam FFF is Fing Fang Foom. I much prefer scratch builds nowadays. But I am out of clay ATM!!!!!

Marvelbeast said...

Great work on Shuma and The Hornet. I know you mainly do DC to Marvel but I'd love to see you scratch build a Starro because I reckon you'd get him just right and might tip the scales for EM to make him too!

Did you consider making any more of the Amalgam characters? They are at least 50% Marvel ;) They're something that I think a LOT of people would love, plus I can't see EM ever making them, which is a shame because many of them looked great.

James said...

Hey Marvelbeast. Yeah Ninty awhile back mentioned Starro... I was thinking of giving him a shot.. As he does look interesting. But yeah he is DC haha!

As for Amalgam people I'd deffo do some more. Not sure when yet but your right loads of them look ace

jimbob said...

Nice work james!