Saturday, 20 June 2009

Blue Beetle Transforms...

The big update begins! First up is Blue Beetles MMO (Marvel Makeover if your a new visitor). I found a perfect Marvel character for this guy and when I did a custom of Black Death I found his Nemesis... Gravity! This hero in my eyes was a perfect character for Blue Beetle to morph into.

Gravityfrom the side

Got afew customer pieces to show in this update and I'll start off with a guy I customed for Dean. This is Silver Centurion.

Silver Centurion 1Side

The next piece is an old X-Men foe... Mimic! This one was made for a top guy called: Martin.

Mimic 1Side View

And the final custom piece was another Rogue... I know I said I'm not doing anymore but Jimbob has brought loads of figurines off of me so I thought why not! And now she is my final Rogue as a customer piece... But I will make one more... For Ebay!

RogueRogue again

Next week my Marvel vs Capcom 2 battle begins! You have a week to challenge me and it's just a one round game... As well you do have 3 characters per team. I will be challenging anyone between the dates given between 7pm-8pm everyday awaiting your challenges. My team usually consists of: Cable, Iron Man and Cyclops! MARVEL all the way!!! And I'm 100% confident that I can't be beaten. But if somehow you do you could win 1 custom from this list: The Spot, Black Death, Photon and Captain Universe.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Right! My Live cam feed will be shown here:
http://www.justin.tv/ - I'm only doing this to prove to people on SHFF that I do paint my own customs. It'll be a bit boring seeing a guy sitting there painting a fig but it will also I guess give other customisers some helpful hints/tips. I'll give out plenty of notice as to when I'm all set and ready.

My new tool


This tool is my new awesome toy for sculpting. So it's farewell to cocktail sticks! The next DC figurine for the chop is: Bizarro! So look out for him. Also I'd like to say a BIG thank you to all the support that I've had by email, on here and on other forums across the Internet. I really appreciated it and I'm glad you enjoy my work. I'm also looking for someone to trade or sell me some Supersized Marvel bases!

11 comments:

Ninty said...

hey dude they all awesome. Shame I cant done have my 360 online to even attempt to beat you lol but sadly I will have to pass.

I have a set of those tools, I found I rarely used them until a a month ago and you can see the improvement on my latest one. There great little help but I still use a pin for the very fine fine detail haha.

Spider said...

fantastic set of customs here ace. really enjoying your work

Why are you not on shff?

Wadders said...

They kicked him out mate for ever changing reasons that they can't seem to back up, it's their loss :)

Turnip said...

Hey mr, wow this has to be one of the biggest updates yet! All looking good! Shame I can't challenge u in marvel capcom, you know I'd beat you mwahaha! xx

Mark Taylor said...

I'm up for an Xbox battle. Bring iiiitt!!! I'll send you my tag on Xbox.

Just mirroring what I say all the time really lol. Outstanding figurines with a ten star paint job

Mark

James said...

Thanks again for all the comments. I really enjoyed claying/painting these 4 people.

yeah Ninty bud I still use the good old pin for tiny detail but with my fat fingers (haha) I tend to dig in too deep at times.

Yeah SHFF is a long story and if you search this blog you'll find what went on - quite bad really!

Spider said...

Indeed Wadders. It's their loss and from what some people on there have told me your work is missed.

As an honest review from myself your customs are superb and the best I've seen. Fact! The customs on shff all have something missing whereas your are unique, original, fantastically painted and sculpted. You got the whole package mate.

One customiser I also love is a french guy called santa. I'd love to see you two go head to head in a custom comp but that's unlikly to happen lol!!

James said...

Thanks Spider. Glad you like my stuff and cheers for the mini review haha!

Santa is a quality customiser as well are afew others out there. I'd love to go head to head in a comp with all customisers... but there's no chance of that haha!

Bobbyvjay said...

Enjoyed the vid today well done. Although I did log on a bit late, playing Wolverine :p

James said...

I completely understand bud :P - and thanks for watching. I was a tad nervous. I'll do another soon and I'll speak this time... Also sorry if I didn't answer all the Qs

Turnip said...

Hey u I was watchin!! Made me laugh that u kept having to ssshh the chatterboxes!! haha. Go u very brave for doing the live feed, def cool idea to do one for a scratch build!! xxxxx